Rotary Die Buying Guide
Use our 9-question ordering guide to gather the information needed to order your next Atlas Rotary Die.
- What kind of material will you be cutting and how thick is it? (i.e. type of stock; face and liner thickness, etc.)
- Is the drawing (or CAD Layout) printed view or die view?
- What press will you be using for diecutting? (press manufacturer / model)
How do your dies mount in your press? (i.e. magnetic cylinder, Cito System, Quoins, furniture, screws w/T-nuts, etc.)
- If rotary cutting, what is the magnetic cylinder size? (repeat, gap, face width, etc.)
- What does the die cut to? (i.e. Liner-kiss cutting; mid-liner-Piggy Back; back liner-piggy back; metal to metal-thru cut; back cut to face)
- What is the TPI for perforation? (i.e. cut size and tie size; microperf size)
Do you require any surface treatment on the die? (i.e. 801-B, PTFE, Chrome, hard coat)
- If known, what die height is requested?